Last night I didn’t go out for a run or go to the gym and workout. I meant to but I went home first after work and a couple of things to do and before I knew it it was after 5pm and eventually I just said forget it! I don’t know when your ideal workout times are but for me, I generally like to workout right after work. If I go home and sit on the couch or get in front of the computer for too long, I’m in for the night!
Tonight though I was no couch potato! I ran six miles in just under an hour burning almost 700 calories and then popped in the mall to Goodlife Fitness for a weight workout! I believe that music plays an important part in having a great workout. I have tried to run outside or workout at the gym with no music and have done it but my enjoyment of the workouts was not the same as they were with music!
Lately on my I-Pod Nano I have been making a bunch of playlists! Some of them I have taken my favorite bands or artists and made a mix of all my favorite songs by them. I have started making what I call Running Playlists. Songs which inspire me to run and keep running!
I won’t go into my whole playlist but I will give you the first 10 songs in my Running Playlist that inspire me to run:
1) Gonna Fly Now (Theme From Rocky)- Everytime I am watching one of the Rocky movies or that song is playing makes me feel like working out! I love watching the montages of Rocky working out in all the movies to this song!
2) Eye Of The Tiger: Survivor- Another one from Rocky, amazing song!
3) Raising Hell: I grew up listening to Run D.M.C and this song always pumps me up! One of my favorite Run D.M.C songs!
4) Working Man: Rush I love Rush, a great Canadian rock band! This song also gets me pretty pumped!
5) Tougher Than Leather: Run D.M.C- This is the Title track of the album of the same name! Great tune another fav!
6) Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap: AC/DC- I love this band especially the older stuff with Bon Scott! Not that their stuff with Brian Johnson is not good but I’m an old school guy I find that some of the best rock came out of the 60’s and 70’s!
7) Stupify: Disturbed- I fairly newer metal band, This song is off their first album which came out in the early 2000’s and it just rocks!
8) Weight Of The World: Evanesience- This band has a really cool sound and I love the lead singer’s voice!
9) Re-Align: Godsmack- Awesome hard rock band who I actually got to see in concert back in 2003! Pretty much any song by these guys I find I can listen to and get pumped!
10) Nighttrain: Guns N Roses- I love the Appetite For Destruction album it is my favorite GNR album! Again pretty much any tune on this disc is great for workouts!
I want to close with a question. What music do you like to workout to? Hope you all are well and having a great week so far! Cheers!